Figure skating coach
My background as a skater
I was a freestyle skater (freeskater), for example did axels, double jumps & spins, I competed up to Novice level, my highest test level was ISA level 4 and ISI level 6 as it was in 1983.
These are the levels :
1. Skate school / Aussie skate - learning to skate
2. Preliminary - got the basic edges
3. Elementary 1 - got the basic jumps, spins, spirals and skating skills
4. Elementary 2 - got an axel jump
5. Primary - got 2 double jumps
6. Novice - this is the level I competed at
7. Junior - got double axel jump and maybe a triple
8. Senior - International level skater
I am qualified to coach skaters to at least Novice level.
These are a couple of short videos of me skating from 1985 (when I had hair on my head), it was from the 1985 PA Xmas show.
Axel in 1985 - right click this and download it before viewing it's a 1 meg file
Double toe loop in 1985 - right click this and download it before viewing, it's a 500k file